Karl F. Pansler has represented plaintiffs in personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice cases his entire professional career. He has successfully litigated to trial virtually every type of personal injury case, including cases involving medical malpractice, wrongful death, defective products, insurance company bad faith, nursing home violations, automobile negligence, and premises liability. He has recovered over 100 million dollars for the benefit of his clients over his extensive legal career.
A native and longtime resident of Lakeland, Florida, he earned his undergraduate degree at Southeastern University graduating summa cum laude in 1982. He received his Juris Doctorate from the O.W. Coburn School of Law at Oral Roberts University in 1985. In law school, he was the recipient of the prestigious Justice Hal P. Dekle Trial Practice Award, winner of the 1984 and 1985 moot court competitions, appointed by the faculty to the Moot Court Board, and was selected by the faculty to represent the law school in national trial competition sponsored by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, competing in the Regional Finals. In his senior year, Karl was elected by his fellow classmates to serve as President of the law school’s chapter of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Admitted to practice law in Oklahoma in 1985, he concentrated on infant injury cases at a prominent law firm in Tulsa. In 1987, Karl returned home and was admitted to practice law in Florida that same year. He practiced as an associate at a prominent law firm and in 1991 established his own practice.
Karl has been awarded an AV rating, the highest possible marks from the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and is honored to have been included in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers annually since its 83rd edition. He is board certified by The National Board of Trial Advocacy and The Florida Bar as a specialist in civil trial law, and is listed in both Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in American Law. Karl is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, whose membership is limited to trial lawyers who have demonstrated exceptional skill, experience, and excellence in advocacy by achieving a trial verdict or settlement in the amount of several million dollars or more. He has appeared live on NBC’s national television show, The Today Show, for legal commentary and he has lectured to various businesses, civic, and other groups on numerous topics related to legal matters.
Karl is admitted to practice in all Florida, Georgia and Oklahoma Courts. He is also a member of the Federal District Court for the Middle District of Florida, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the United States Supreme Court, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Northern Districts of Oklahoma. Karl has never had any disciplinary actions from any of the Bars he has been admitted.
On the personal side, Karl and his wife, Heather, have five children and live in Lakeland. He has a long history of service on numerous charitable boards in his community as well as coaching many of his children’s various sporting activities. Karl has served his university’s alumni association in many board positions and was elected to serve as its president from 1997-2000. In 2013, he was honored to be named Chairman of the Founders Club for the development of Southeastern University’s new football program. He was the first recipient of Southeastern University’s Young Alumnus of the Year award in 1992. In 2013, Southeastern University awarded Karl the Distinguished Alumni of the Year award. He holds a black belt and is an instructor in Tae Kwon Do. He has also run and completed nine marathons.
- Graduated summa cum laude from Southeastern University with B.A. in 1982.
- Earned J.D. from Oral Roberts University in 1985
- Admitted to the Oklahoma Bar in 1985
- Admitted to the Florida Bar in 1987
- Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in 1990
- Chosen by President George W. Bush and the National Republican Congressional Committee to receive the 2000 and 2001 Wall Street Businessman of the year Award in Florida
- Recipient of the 2001 National Republican Congressional Committee’s Medal of Distinction
- Included in the 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2010, 2009 and 2007 Florida Super Lawyers List (limited to the top 5% of Florida attorneys)
- Admitted to the Georgia Bar in 2010
- Admitted to Supreme Court of United States in 2011
- Named Chairman of the Founders Club for the development of Southeastern University’s new football program in 2013
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of The Lakeland Bar Association
- Member of American Justice Association
- Republican National Committee, Sustaining Member and Co. Chairman, 2001-Present
- Honorary Chairman of National Republican Congressional Committee Business Advisory Council
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer by The National Board of Trial Advocacy (2000-2025) and the Florida Bar (1999-2025)
- AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Florida by The National Trial Lawyers
- In 2013, Southeastern University awarded Karl The Distinguished Alumni of the year award.
- Has been conferred the 2014 Litigator’s Award, the firm ranks among the Top 1% of all lawyers for: Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Medical Malpractice, Automobile Accident, and Brain Injury Litigation.
- Has been named in Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America, where less than one percent (1%) of the attorneys of America have been invited to be a member
- Member of The National Trial Lawyers Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
- Named “Most Client focused Personal Injury Law Firm-Florida” for the 2016 Legal Elite Awards
- Named one of the “Premier 100” Trial Attorneys for Florida by the National Academy of Jurisprudence 2016
- Received the America’s Top 100 Attorneys Lifetime Achievement Award
- Named Mass Torts Top 25 Attorney
- Named Best Attorney Lifetime Charter Member of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Car Accident Verdicts in Florida in the years 2017 and 2018
- Named Top Attorneys in Florida 2018
- Named Best of the Best Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney 2020